The CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice (ACIP) recommends flu vaccination during all trimesters of pregnancy.
However, according to a report published in the Journal of American Physicians and Surgeons, this recommendation is unjustified, unwise, and should be withdrawn.
Citing ACIP’s own sources, as well as current literature, the report based its conclusions on the following findings:
- Flu infection is rarely a threat during normal pregnancy.
- There is no “convincing evidence” that the flu vaccination is effective during pregnancy.
- Studies have not adequately assessed the risk of flu vaccination during pregnancy.
- Thimerosal, a mercury-based preservative present in most flu vaccines, has been linked to neurodevelopmental disorders, including autism, in humans.
- Thimerosal has been linked to a number of animal reproductive toxicities including teratogenicity, mutagenicity and fetal death…
Click on above link to read more.